Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In the Quiet

Quiet Morning in the office. its 7:58 and getting here early definitely has its advantages. I can clear my head and just mentally prepare for the day, like I did a long time ago with the moment of silence we used to have in school.

So much is happening. The Lord invites me into His presence every morning when I read the Psalms, and the time I get to spend with Him is precious.

I remember the days when I dreaded getting out of bed because all I was met with all day long was helplessness. When it felt like I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the only thing I could feel was lonely. I remember being so desperate for something inviting and familiar, thinking I'd wasted chances yet knowing that being filled with the Lord was needed. Being surrendered and near to Him wasn't something I'd actually done in a long time. And now, a year later, its like night and day. Like I can't imagine waking up without praising Him, without unbridled joy and gratitude and humility towards this Savior who demands my life only to fill me every day with Himself.

Who am I?

How did I wake up to be this changed person?

When God speaks to me in the quiet of the morning, or when I escape to the mountains and breathe in His beauty, there's abundant clarity and pointed conviction and deep salvation. I've fallen back in love with my Savior, and nothing can compare to that. There's joy in having prayers answered that don't go the way I want them to. I know for a fact my prayer has always been to draw closer to the Lord, but I wanted that relationship on my terms, with things that I was not willing to give up to Him. Things I cherished too much that, in His mercy, He was willing to rip away from me to answer my prayer and draw me closer...

Who am I?

Leaves me so humbled, so thankful. Beyond words.

Can't wait for this journey to keep going. Can't wait to see what the Lord has. There is no joy like belonging to Jesus and knowing that in being made more like Him, He is glorified and I am fulfilled. What perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment